Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Lack of Holiday Spirit

When I left home after Thanksgiving and returned to the dorm, I was under the impression that, although I was at school again, I would not lose the holiday spirit. After all, I have enough Thanksgiving left overs in my minifridge that I could have a second Thanksgiving, Christmas music is already on the radio, and I have under two weeks of school before I leave for winter break. What I wasn't thinking about was what those last two weeks of school entailed. The day after I got back on campus I had my first final, tomorrow I am giving my last speech in Communications, and then I have to start studying for my three remaining finals. Unfortunately, several of my professors are still assigning their usual amount of work, so that work load has not slowed down. I am feeling mildly stressed and am lacking some holiday spirit. Fortunately though, I only have 8 more days of this. So this year, instead of a count down for Christmas, mine is merely for Christmas Break.