Friday, November 9, 2007

Parent's Weekend

I am so excited for this weekend. It is Parents' Weekend, so my parents and my friend's family are coming down to visit. Because it is a long weekend, lots of people are going home also. Which means that almost everyone in my dorm will either be with their families or home. So when I show my parents around the campus, its pretty much going to look like I don't have any friends. Oh well. There isn't much I can do about that. I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time though. I can't wait to show my parents my new little world, from where I eat to my classes to my dorm room. My sister and I having been planning all the things that we should do with them. Besides showing them the campus, I want them to see all the great things that make the town so wonderful. First I want to take them to the pumkin patch, where there is a corn maze and homemade pastries and fudge. I am also considering taking them to the drive-in movie theater one night for a late showing of "Stardust". This weekend I have a mission: to prove to my friend (who is coming down as well) that my school is the university to choose. She is a senior this year and is deciding between this college and two others. So, I want her to see everything that is wonderful about the school. Unfortunately, the school is VERY different on the weekends, as everyone is either off camus or in the dorms sleeping. However, that just makes my mission more of a challenge.
Sadly though, life doesn't stop for parent visits. I still have a huge speech due on Tuesday, which I am going to try to finish before they come. I also have a take-home test in Spanish and vast amounts of reading for history. That's okay though. Everyone is coming down Saturday and I am convinced that I can get everything done tomorrow. So, I hope everyone has a great, long weekend!