Thursday, November 15, 2007

Naps

Naps- something that I thought I would always hate. I don’t know what it is about them, but I used to hate the idea of them. During my senior year however, I started to realize the benefit of a small, half an hour nap in the middle of my day. By no means did I take one every day, or every week for that matter. But once in a while, when I was just plain exhausted, I just couldn’t resist the temptation. Now however, they are my lifeline. My first thought when I wake up is, “Okay, you can do this Caitlin. At 11:30 you get your nap.” Its pretty sad, I’ll admit it. But when I am going to sleep at midnight or later and waking up at seven in the morning, I find it essential. (I know that lots of people get less sleep than that and are fine, but I am a wimp. I need my sleep.) It has become my habit to take an hour nap everyday after my history class, and it’s beautiful. I would have to say it is one of my favorite hobbies. There is one danger in these afternoon snoozes. Yesterday when taking my nap I ended up sleeping, not for one hour, but for two, meaning that I wasted a good part of my afternoon. My excuse for it is that if I slept that long, I must have really needed it. I’m not sure how true that is, but it sounds pretty good to me. So now, I think I will end this, do a little homework, and maybe take my nap.