Friday, September 19, 2008

Cancellations Don't Mean Canceling Adventures

There is one thing everyone needs to know about me. I am persistent. With that in mind it should be no surprise that I went back to the building next to the registrar to try and join the club that I had tried to join Friday. This time I had a plan. I would call the woman I was supposed to meet and have her meet me outside the building. When I called her she told me there was a ramp and that I could just come right in. Despite getting directions as to where the ramp was located I was unable to find it and had to get someone who worked in the building to show me where it was. Once I saw ramp I realized there was another problem. The ramp was one of the steepest I had ever seen. It was not going up that concerned but rather coming down. I did not think the brakes would provide enough traction to stop me before I hit the railing. I was able to join the club successfully but now for the challenge of getting down. I decided to hold the rail and walk backwards down the ramp while facing the walker and and pulling it down after me. It took me several minutes but my plan of getting down safely was very successful! 
Another wonderful aspect of college is that if a professor is sick or has an emergency and cancels class students get to go home. This is exactly what happened on Wednesday. Both my theatre and english classes were cancelled. Even when theatre is cancelled it still throws in some excitement. I saw a friend of mine who is in that class with me. Her and I decided to walk to class together. She took me in a different way than my normal route. I need to just stop taking shortcuts. I guess my friend did not realize I had trouble using stairs as you had to walk up steps to take her route. She looked perplexed when we reached them. I quickly grabbed the rail and walked up the steps, Unfortunately my friend had to carry the walker. It is heavy and awkward but she managed. It was not until we got up the steps and walked all the way to the classroom that there was a sign saying class was cancelled. This just proves that I do not need to have class to have an adventure because everyday is an adventure!