Friday, September 5, 2008

Classes

I've now had at least one session in each of my classes. I'm really excited about two of them, excited to a lesser degree about another, and still undecided about the other. My World War II writing class and my Literary Journalism class are the classes I'm most excited about. They should, from what the syllabus and the professors have said, help me grow as a writer. I'll have the opportunity to write about World War II, which is my favorite period in US History, and 3 articles on the topic of my choice for my Jouralism class. My Life Stories from Latin America class sounds pretty fascinating, and it deals with a lot of the tumultuous government business that was going on during the Cold war, which I find very interesting. My fourth class, about Postcolonialism, I'm a little skeptical about. We'll be ready a lot of cool books and watching some great movies (The Battle of Algiers and Trainspotting), but right now it seems really disorganized and I still don't really know what Postcolonialisim is. Overall though, I'm looking forward to this semester.